I’ve always likes Rosenberg’s Biblical perspectives on things.
(Washington, D.C.) — Vladimir Putin smells blood in the water.
Sensing a political vacuum on the global stage — one created by the weakness, dithering and vacillation of President Obama and Secretary Kerry — the Russian leader is seizing the moment to become the dominant world leader.
Consider the moves Putin has made in recent days. He has:
- hosted the G-20 summit in St. Petersburg, Russia
- insisted Obama and U.S. has no evidenceof chemical weapons being used by the Assad regime
- called Kerry a liar
- moved Russian warships into the Med
- promised to resupply Assad in case of warwith the U.S.
- granted former-NSA contractor Edward Snowden asylum in Russia and refused to extradite him to the U.S.
Now Putin has seized on what may have been an off-the-cuff stumble by Secretary Kerry to throw a monkey wrench into the Obama war plans. Rather than leading, the White House and State Department find themselves responding to…
View original post 812 more words