Eph 6: 10 Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
In the Greek: “Be empowered in the Lord and in the domination or dominion exerted by His inner residing strength.”
- This dominion or domination is what gives the Lord Jesus the ability to subdue all things back to Himself.
- The revelation of Christ within us, reveals the Christ who dominates and subdues all, thus setting us free.
This is what it means by “the power of his might.”
Do you remember the episodes of Popeye and Olive Oil?
This scripture is a perfect representation of what happened to Popeye.
Popeye was a fairly weak guy.
When he ate the can of spinach he became inwardly strong; his external arm muscles popped out, he then rang Bluto’s neck, and took the lovely Olive Oil back as his prized possession.
Or to paraphrase it in another way, the tremendous inner residing strength that is multiplied within Popeye at the eating of the can of spinach is translated into a manifestation of outward strength which caused him to dominate and conquer all, even Bluto.
So what is Paul commanding us to us? For us to be empowered with this powerful combo of God’s inward strength that turns into outward dominion.
- The spinach is the revelation of Jesus in us.
- We are strong if we eat of the spinach, Jesus Christ, but nothing if we don’t.
- Every Christian is a Popeye. So eat Jesus, your spinach.
Joh 6:54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day.
Joh 6:56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
The benefits of having Jose and Mary @ your ministry?
- Training you to be “cutting edge” and entrepreneurial for God’s kingdom!
- Exegetical “tailor made for your ministry” Bible seminars!
- Motivational speakers
- Apostolic, prophetic, pastoral consultation!
- Signs and Wonders Meetings!
Subscribe to this blog! It’s free!