The Lord’s Prayer in the original Greek is full of commands
I feel that when Jesus gave us the prayer, His desire was for us to use it with the authority that He gave us, and bring results, not only in our lives, but with circumstances which surround us.
None of us understand the immense authority that Christ has given to the church.
How can you use the Lord’s Prayer today?
How can you use it in global situations such as Venezuela?
I hope this helps.
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
- I command that your name be established and held in honor on earth exactly in the same way, measure, and manner as it is held in heaven.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Come thy kingdom! ( THIS IS A COMMAND!)
- Done be thy will! (THIS IS A COMMAND!)
- Exactly in the same measure and manner that your kingdom is manifested and your will is executed in heaven, so be it done upon the earth.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
- We command that the bread of our necessity, or the bread that suffices for the day, be given to us today.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
- And release or dismiss from us our debts in the same measure that we release and dismiss our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
- And lead us not into a place where we can be tempted beyond our strength causing us to do what is evil.