Please keep this on your January 2015 radar screen, when our seminars kick off in South Florida. Those who host them at their home or church do not pay.
They are best taught on Saturdays.
They are only available in the South Florida area, so far.
The cost is $10.00 per person per session.
Please make checks payable to “Jose Alvarez”.
Cash of course, is still king.
I have a PayPal account at firstname.lastname@example.org for prepayments. Please earmark your payment with “Florida Seminar.”
Churches or homes who host these seminars benefit from not paying.
The seminar is free for the pastor and wife and or for those who host the seminar at their church or home.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a brown bag lunch or get a bite at a nearby fast food restaurant for lunch.
Seminars usually last from 10 am to 4 pm.
Web site: http://www.emergingusa.com
This seminar will be held on two consecutive Saturdays.
The Entrepreneurial Shortcut
What the Great Ones Say
- The Christian must get that superhuman person, Christ, out of him, at all costs. Express Christ out of you for the world to see. The Christian has this amazing, supernatural, transcendental person in him, Christ. Explode and release him out at all costs, Graham Cooke.
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” Maya Angelou
- Google CEO Larry Page believes the best way is to invent the future.
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo da Vinci
- Move Fast and Break Things ‘Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook
- “I am not here to get followers or likes, but to make a dent on the universe,” Steve Jobs Apple
- On risk: “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.” Elon Musk. Tesla Motors
- Embrace a culture of failure so you never have to go all in: “What matters is companies that don’t continue to experiment or embrace failure eventually get in the position where the only thing they can do is make a Hail Mary bet at the end of their corporate existence. I don’t believe in bet-the-company bets.” Jeff Bezos CEO Amazon
- “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing? Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that I can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time.” Mark Zuckerberg
- People care about what you build not about what you say.
- Carve out creative thinking time with God
- Learn to ask God the important questions.
- Throw things at the wall and see what sticks.
- Focus and exploit your strengths. Be an expert at something.
- What is your niche market?
- Define your startup projects
- Making usable products. Ninety percent of things on earth are non-usable.
- Look at things that other people are not. Lateral options
- Money in the kingdom of God is highly important. How to get money going on autopilot?
Tim Ferris: The Four Hour Work Week
- Being busy is a form of laziness
- Being overwhelmed by much work is often as unproductive as doing nothing.
- Lack of time is often a lack of priorities.
- Leveraging the most important commodity; Time!
- Bypassing knowledge on a matter in favor of a workable method.
- What is DSSS? Deconstruct, Selection, Sequencing and Stakes
- The Pareto Principle
- Productivity in favor of personal sacrifice
- Increase orders not size of customers
- What if I do the opposite?
- What if I do things backwards?
- Identifying your time consumers and time wasters?
- Hack the ladder of success by producing stuff that people need and that no one else is doing. Can you work less but focus on what is truly effective?
- Wake up and do the two or three most important things of your day first. Be finished by eleven o clock.
- Effectiveness vs Efficiency
- The Law of the Thinning Air
Peter Thiel: Zero To One
- “You can create the future into something definite. Indefinite attitudes about the future show why there is so much dysfunction in our world today.
- Create something that is 10 times and escape the competition.
- “Progress without planning is what we call evolution. Making small changes that exist may lead to a local maximum but only creating something brand new will allow you to find the global maximum.
- Every startup should begin with a very small market. This is your niche market.
- Don’t disrupt, avoid competition as much as possible.
- Globalization brings convergence, horizontal movement, and sameness. The future belongs to innovators and vertical climbers.
- Create something brand new and create a monopoly. Monopolization is better than competition.
- Trying to improve on something that is being worked upon takes huge amours of work and money. Much easier by starting with something brand new..
- Will what you do be of value a decade later?
- Be relentless in your dream
Shane Snow: Smart Cuts
- Where is the Forming or Breaking Wave? Shane Snow
- Ladder hacking, ladder jumping, and ladder transference.
- Big causes attract big believers, big investors, big capital; big name investors Rethink convention and hack the ladder of success. Not just bigger but better.
The Mind/ Spirit Shortcut
- X10 Times Thinking: Google Moonshots Astro Teller
- Hyper thinking vs Box Thinking: How God Thinks
- Prototypical and Archetypical Thinking – Who Is Jesus Christ?
- Lateral or Alternate Ladders Thinking
- Novel and Newness Thinking: The Walk In The Spirit
- Basic Principles of ‘Evolve Your Brain’ Dr. Joe Dispenza: The neuroscience study of the brain in light of the renewing of the mind.
The Church Shortcut
- Raising Up the Next Generation Not To Replicate Our Mistakes
- What will endure and be relevant and usable, even when I die?
- God is moving most in the young, not only the young in age, but the young in heart. The church must exploit this move to the maximum or miss it.
- The river of God is flowing in every meeting. To discern and flow in it is the success of the meeting.
- Have your eyes opened to people whom God is spotlighting. Usually they are potential leaders. Pour yourself into them
- The “Church Tribal Mentality Syndrome” paralyses innovation, evangelism and super connecting of the church. God is not tribal but kingdom minded.
- The church must become a super connector
- The superior hospitality shortcut
- The superior giving shortcut
- The on the job mentoring and shadow ministry shortcut
- Running church by the blue prints of God shortcut. The Luke 5:5 Principle
- The Philemon Six Shortcut. Spiritual Gifts
- Kill that prayer line!
- The city vision shortcut
- The Three Types of Teachings Most Needed in Church
- Open Microphone Day
- Why Only Sundays?
- Raising up those within to be your special speakers.
- On the Spot Mentoring and Shadow Ministry
- Integration and Not Segregation of Age Groups
- Don’t Compromise The Non Negotiables
- Hold church in different locations: fast food places/ Starbucks
- Why must there be a barrier between Christian and non Christian? Do something that will benefit and transcend both.
The Evangelism Shortcut
- Why Dwell In The Land of Goshen? Todd Bentley
Influencing the Seven Cultural Mountains: Lance Wallnau
- Spirituality and Church
- Government and Law
- Media and Communication
- Arts and Entertainment
- Business and Finance
- Get out of church and know what it is to be a human who connects with another human being. The Christian who does not connect in the market place and stays only on the church mountain lives a dysfunctional Christianity.
- Talking about revival and praying for revival without doing anything about revival is a waste of time.
- If your ministry is only to church folks you will develop (CBS); chronic boredom syndrome.
- What is a ghetto? It is the place that is created when Christians minister exclusively to other Christians without ever relocating to Goshen
- God is doing more outside the church than inside of her walls.
- It’s more boring inside the church than in the market place.
- Christians are bored with each other when they only fellowship among themselves and have little contact with their non-church neighbors.
- Christians relating only among themselves is an unreality.
- The church must become acclimated to the market place. We step into market place weather and can’t handle its bite. The church, need “market place weatherization. “
- There is only one difference between a Christian and a non-Christian. It is Jesus Christ. People are people.
- Start by committing two hours a week to non-church market place weather?
- Mt 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, thus also you do to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
- How would you feel if someone tried to convert you to their religion in a Starbucks?
- How would you feel if someone who hardly knew you pointed out your sins?
- How would you feel if someone had zero interest in you except to sway you towards his beliefs?
- How would you feel when you see him again? Would you be excited or would you run the other way?
- Is this how your non church neighbor perceives you?
- The greatest evangelism is the listening ear over a plate of food. What about inviting your non church friend to lunch and listen to his story?