Hab 2:2 And the Lord gave me an answer, and said, Put the vision in writing and make it clear on stones, so that the reader may go quickly.
I am reading a book titled “The E Myth” by Michael E Gerber.
What he writes is significant.
Most people, including myself, have a poorly defined vision for their future.
Life becomes passive and complacent because of that.
Michael quotes a story about Tom Watson, the founder of IBM.
Tom was asked to speak about the phenomenal growth of IBM.
These were some of his answers.
A # “At the very beginning, I had a very clear picture of what the company would look like when it was finally done.”
B # “ Once I had the picture, I then asked myself how a company which looked like the IBM that I envisioned would have to act.
Michael goes on to state a few more questions.
The name of our ministry is Emerging, Inc.,so I applied them to us.
- How will Emerging look like, when it’s finally in place?
- Once that Emerging is in place, how will it have to act?
- I must fashion Emerging from this moment on according to this template.
- Every day I must devote myself to the development components of Emerging and not to do business.
- How must Emerging work now to make this future template a reality?
- I must have a well-defined future for Emerging and then come back to the present with the intention of changing it.
- I must envision Emerging in its entirety from which it will derive its parts.
- I must visualize Emerging as seamlessly integrated components of some larger pattern that come together to systematically produce my planned result.
- Each part of Emerging must be measurable and function by articulated rules and principles.
So i gave it a shot this morning.
The template for Emerging!
# 1 Write simple “ how to” booklets that will produce an effective rather than an efficient church.
# 2 Create several workable and sustainable cities of revival in the USA.
# 3 Hold seminars and conferences on:
- Applying Biblical Church Theory to the Current Church
- The Christian’s Identity in Christ
- “How To” Seminars for effective ministry
- Effective VS Efficient Church Seminars
# 4 Globally Televised Miracle Meetings
# 5 Globally Televised Seminars
# 6 Produce Millions of Dollars to Invest in The Global Church
- How to raise venture capital?
# 7 Extensive Friendship Evangelism
# 8 Turn key products: Make Emerging a turn key product!
What about you?