1) 2 Cor 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Let us wash ourselves off, from every defilement so that all actions that affect the flesh and spirit can become matured into God’s standard.
This standard is the absolute separation from all that is common to this world into a devotion to what is sacred and precious to God.
2) 1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The God that brings “shalom peace” bring it into your life. This may He do by separating you totally from all common things, and bringing you to a devotion to the sacred things of God.
This sanctification is accomplished by your spirit, soul, and body each made complete, whole, and without defect, so that your life might not have one source of just criticism placed upon it.
May you be guarded and kept in this condition until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
3) 2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Transformed: To alter the outward appearance without a significant inward change.
It is closely illustrated to an architectural schematic, and shows us how the enemy can change the schematic of things.
4) Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
“To give place” is like building an airport runway upon ourselves, for the devil to land upon.
Habitual disobedience to Jesus does this. We create an airport runways on our backs, where the enemy can land and take off at whim.
5) Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
This scripture is not given only to non-Christians. The devil is an equal opportunity attacker.
The Greek word for worketh is giving energy to.
The children of disobedience will allow the devil to energize his schemes.
Disobedience is non-compliant, defiant, and stubborn.
Any person who relates in this way to the voice of the Holy Spirit will allow the devil to energize his schemes, Christian or non Christian.
I know people who have been Christians for 35 years who are in the same predicament of bondage as the day they came to Jesus.
6) John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
“The prince of the world system comes, and it is impossible for him to have the tiniest connection with me.”
The real binding of the enemy occurs when every part of our lives has come into conformity to God’s will, and the enemy is forbidden a place or space where he can afflict us. The demonic had absolutely no relationship with Jesus. This is binding the enemu
7) 2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
That they may return to a sober condition and out of the snare of the devil, after having being hunted down, taken captive, and caught alive by him, in order to do “his” will.
So few understand how the devil manipulates and attacks them.
For many the devil is not real.
Nothing delights him as much as when people believe that he is a figment of the imagination.
8) 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Be controlled, free of evil passions, and serious in in your relationship to Jesus, because your “opponent in court”, the devil, as a roaring lion, lives to earnestly seek, whom he may drink down, swallow, consume, and destroy.
9) Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
He travels continually throughout arid places “seeking a cessation of his now unpleasant circumstances”, and in no way finds it.
This shows the necessity that demons have to possess a living being
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
I will return into my house from where I came out, and having arrived finds it vacant and in a perfected state of being swept, and cosmetically adorned, but empty of the Spirit of God.
45 Then he goes and takes along with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and entering in they dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Thus it shall also be for this wicked generation.”